Saturday 4 June 2011

Sweet potato treats.



 I made sweet potato treats for the dogs.
I just got one potato in case they didn't like them which cost around 60p.

Heat the oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
All you need to do it cut them up and then place them on a tray.
They take around 3 hours to cook.
Place them on a cooling rack to cool down.
Can be stored in fridge or freezer.

I thought I'd give them a go because they're really cheap to make and apparently most dogs like them so I thought I'd see if Lily, Bobby and Suzie do too.
The verdict is: 12 paws up!! They all loved them.
Lily went a bit bugged eyed and got really excited. She started jumping around and howling. HA HA.
This is the before&after picture of them.

They shrink quite a lot so it's up to you what size you cook them for.
I'm sure the bigger they are longer they may take. You can just vary the cooking time to whatever suits you or your dog. They are soft&crunchy, the thicker parts are softer and thinner parts are crunchier. If you cook them for longer you can probably just make crunchy sweet potato treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment