Thursday 16 June 2011

Hot spots on dogs.


For the past day or so Lily has been itching a certain spot behind her front leg.
So this morning I thought, right!! I'm going to check this out, as i was pulling the fur around i saw this (above picture). This is where Lily had been scratching, i had no clue what it was so i googled similar things and it came up with 'Hot spots'. The pictures looked very similar. I checked the rest of her to see if there were any other scratch marks but there wasn't.
I shaved the area to get a better look and cleaned it with some green tea and thoroughly dried it.
Every time she scratches it i just tell her 'stop' and she soon stops so i give her a treat.
She hasn't touched it since i told her no this morning which is good!
I am going to keep a VERY close eye on it over the next few days and see how it goes.

Has any of your dogs had 'hot spots'??

No comments:

Post a Comment